It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:27 pm

Porsche 928s loses power. 
Granny Driver

Post Re: Porsche 928s loses power.
MPDano wrote:
Yup, then to left of that is the AAV (Air Aux Valve). Also, here is a vid I did with replacing the Injectors as well.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=967&p=5205&hilit=mercedes+injectors#p5205

Okei, i removed the airfilter box, found this big injector thing whit 8 fuellines, removed the bolt and two sealing rings, and found the smallest filters i hawe ever seen! but they looked clean and had a nice white gray color :) i did only checked two of them, i`m going to chek te rest to, but are those small filters on the injector on the intake to ?

and yust to be safe, i`m going to replace the fuel filter, it looked like a Ok job to do.

And i`m working at a workshop, so thers no problem for me lifting the car into air :)

And i`m going to spray the underside of the car whit Tectyl from Valvoline, to prevent it from rusting, the compani i`m working for is a approved Tectyl shop.

so im going to make this car perfect in the end :) also planning to repaint the car my self :) at least do the body finnishing.

Wed May 02, 2012 7:10 am
Granny Driver

AirtekHVAC wrote:
That is a nice looking car.

Thanks for that :) my mom think the car is awesome! but my dad dosent like it, to much power and use to much fuel :p

Wed May 02, 2012 7:11 am
Webmaster

Not sure on the filter on the fuel intake side, but while your in there just check it. Like I said, I just removed all those small filters on the Dist as well as the WUR. Your Injectors are also 30 years old and in need of replacement, they cannot be serviced. I went with the Mercedes ones.

Wed May 02, 2012 7:15 am
Granny Driver

MPDano wrote:
Not sure on the filter on the fuel intake side, but while your in there just check it. Like I said, I just removed all those small filters on the Dist as well as the WUR. Your Injectors are also 30 years old and in need of replacement, they cannot be serviced. I went with the Mercedes ones.

did you remove the filters? i checked mine and put them back togheter?
there was no filter on the injectors :p

hmm, can you tell me what Mercedes they came from ? and is it wort it to replace them ?

Wed May 02, 2012 7:51 am
Granny Driver

did a new test ride now after checking the filters, and i did chek the brushes on the generator, they looked fine. got a little increase on the voltmeter in the instrument, yust above 12V now.
But it still wont go as it shuld, stops and looses power on 4500rpm.

and i have replaced the ground from the generator to the starter, the old looked bad and vas missing a lot of isolation.

how do i chek the WUR?

and yea, i did forgot to plug the contact to the WUR, and then i stopped and it did hunt a lot on idling. when i plugged the contact it started to get bether, and after a minute of idling, it came bak to normal constant idling.

Wed May 02, 2012 11:09 am
Webmaster

Luigi928 wrote:
MPDano wrote:

hmm, can you tell me what Mercedes they came from ? and is it wort it to replace them ?

Part number is in the Video. You have to watch it.

Wed May 02, 2012 12:18 pm
Granny Driver

MPDano wrote:
Luigi928 wrote:
MPDano wrote:

Part number is in the Video. You have to watch it.

yea i did watch the video.
But did you say that you removed those small filters in the injector distrubutor? or did you clean them and put them back togheter?

Wed May 02, 2012 11:16 pm
Webmaster

Sorry bout that, yes I removed all of them to include the one on the inlet side of the WUR.

Thu May 03, 2012 4:29 am
Granny Driver

MPDano wrote:
Sorry bout that, yes I removed all of them to include the one on the inlet side of the WUR.

do you think that is better? or shuld i yust leave them there? they looked like new.

im gonna check the one on the WUR.

yust now im installing new window switches on both sides :) from ebay, worked perfectly when tested :)

Thu May 03, 2012 8:31 am
Granny Driver

think i found the injectors you talked about on ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-FUEL-INJECTOR-260E-280E-300E-380SL-450SL-500SL-/251041236593?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a73394671&vxp=mtr#ht_1759wt_952

does they deliver the same ammount of fuel as the original?

they whill cost me 350 dollars delivered to the door.

Thu May 03, 2012 8:35 am